The bright, summery flavors of Whole Wheat Lemon Chive Spaghetti will be sure put a spin on an Italian classic without compromising the need for a comfort food fix.
1 lb. Pappardelle’s Whole Wheat Lemon Chive Spaghetti
4 chicken breast tenders, diced ¾ x ¾” thick
½ cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. pepper
¼ lb. Pancetta, sliced 1/8” thick, roughly chopped
1 cup frozen peas
2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
1. Season flour with salt and 1 tsp. pepper. Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture and shake off the excess. Heat a medium size sauté pan to medium-high heat. Sear the chicken until golden brown and an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Set aside.
2. In the same sauté pan, cook the pancetta for about 2 mins. Add the frozen peas and garlic and sauté until the peas are tender and the pancetta is crispy. Remove from heat. Toss together with the chicken. Reserve.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, and ½ tsp. pepper until well combined.
4. Meanwhile, bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain over a pot to catch the cooking liquid. IMMEDIATELY, while tossing the pasta, SLOWLY drizzle in a small amount of the egg mixture until the pasta is well coated in the egg mixture and a smooth sauce is formed. If the pasta mixture looks dry, drizzle in a small amount of the reserved cooking liquid until the desired consistency is reached.
5. In a large serving bowl, toss the spaghetti carbonara mixture with the chicken, peas, and pancetta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with desired Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.