- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Whole Wheat Herb Trenette
- 1 lb. peeled butternut squash pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons sage, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon each: sea salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- In a food processor, add squash pieces, onion and garlic. Process until very finely chopped.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving one cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet, add butter and olive oil. When thoroughly melted and warm, add sage and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the squash mixture, water, salt and pepper and simmer uncovered until squash is tender and water has been absorbed – about 15-20 minutes. If sauce looks dry, add 1/4- 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Add goat cheese either in serving bowl or pass at table for individuals to add as they please.