- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Whole Wheat Herb Trenette
- 2 cups French green lentils
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 leeks (white and light-green parts only) sliced into 1/8-inch rounds, washed well and drained.
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 lb. baby spinach, washed
*For extra flavor, add 1/4 cup Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- In a medium saucepan, combine lentils, 1 garlic clove, and the bay leaf. Add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and discard garlic clove and bay leaf. Set lentils aside. (*For extra flavor, add 1/4 cup of Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Pesto to the cooked lentils.)
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, but reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Place pasta in a large serving bowl.
- Mince remaining garlic cloves. In a large sauté pan, heat oil. Add garlic, leeks, and thyme. Cook until leeks are soft, but not browned about 5-8 minutes. Add cooked lentils and salt. Season with pepper.
- Add spinach and reserved cooking liquid to the pan. Toss well enough to wilt spinach, about 2 minutes. Pour mixture over pasta and mix well. Serve immediately.