- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Veracruz Black Bean Fettuccine
- 1 lb. grilled chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 lbs. Roma tomatoes
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed and sliced in half
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped coarsely
- Mexican cheese (optional)
- Preheat the broiler. Place the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeños and onion on a baking tray covered in aluminum foil. Broil, turning frequently until charred, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- In a food processor or blender, place all of the roasted ingredients and water and purée until smooth. Season with sea salt.
- Transfer puréed mixture to a saucepan and let simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Serve in pasta bowls with sauce on top, followed by grilled chicken and garnish with fresh cilantro and a sprinkling of your favorite Mexican cheese.
From This Recipe
Product not found.