- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Veracruz Black Bean Fettuccine
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Leave fat in skillet and transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapeño to skillet and cook for approximately 2-4 minutes, until very soft. Add corn and cumin and cook for another 3 minutes. Sprinkle flour into sauté mixture and coat well. Add half-and-half and let sauce thicken for 5-7 minutes. If sauce looks dry, add 1/4-1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving one cup of pasta water.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Serve with chopped fresh cilantro for a garnish.
From This Recipe
Product not found.