- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Lemon Ginger Fettuccine
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 5 dried shitake mushrooms, re-hydrated (retain 1 cup of soaking liquid)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups edamame, shelled
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil (it cuts down on cooking time to use the same pot and the same water that you will use to boil the pasta). Add spinach and cook for 1 minute. Drain, chop coarsely and set aside.
- Bring water back to a boil and cook pasta for five minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water. Place the cooked noodles in a serving bowl and add one tablespoon soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix well.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat canola oil until quite hot, but not smoking. Add ginger, mushrooms, bell pepper, scallions and garlic. Stir-fry for approximately 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and edamame. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add noodles to the stir-fry in the wok. Stir in remaining soy sauce and hoisin sauce. If too dry, add some of the water retained from re-hydrating the shitake mushrooms until desired consistency is achieved. Be mindful not to overcook. Serve immediately.