- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Tuxedo Orzo
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup black olives, diced and pitted
- 2 (6.5 oz.) cans chunky style tuna, water packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons small capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup dry white Italian wine
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook orzo in a pot of boiling water until al dente (about 8-11 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, sauté onion, olives, tuna and Italian herbs in olive oil and lemon juice for 3 minutes. Add capers, mustard, dill and white wine. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring often, to create a creamy sauce with the tuna-mustard-wine base.
- Drain orzo and add to tuna sauce. Garnish with parsley and add pepper to taste.