Looking for a great way to use leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Try this creamy, yet crunchy Tetrazinni recipe! It is a mushroom lovers must try! It also pairs great with Boulder, Colorado's Upslope Brewing Company Brown Ale! We hope you enjoy!
8 oz. Pappardelle’s Porcini Mushroom Linguine
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded turkey
1/2 lb. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon thyme
1/4 cup white wine
2-1/2 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Melt butter and oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and add mushrooms, cooking 10-12 min. or until soft. Add onion, garlic, and thyme to the pan with mushrooms and cook until onion is translucent.
3. Deglaze the pan with wine, scraping up any bits on the bottom of the pan, and bring to a simmer. Add cream, milk, broth, nutmeg, and flour, stirring to completely incorporate. Bring to a boil, then simmer until bechamel thickens. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
4. Meanwhile, cook linguine until almost al dente, 8 mins.
5. In a large bowl, combine linguine, béchamel and mushroom mixture, frozen peas, and shredded turkey.
6. Butter or grease an 8" x 11" baking dish and pour in pasta mixture. Top with parsley, parmesan, bread crumbs, and remaining butter and bake 25-30 min. or until bubbly and golden brown. Let rest 5-10 min. after removing from oven.