- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Tunisian Harissa Fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 10 oz. sweet Italian sausage, skinned/crumbled
- 1 each: roasted red, green and yellow peppers (peeled and cut into long strips)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*For a more exotic touch, add Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Coconut Curry Sauce
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until lightly golden, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add the peppers and continue to sauté for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stock, season to taste with salt and pepper, cover skillet with lid slightly ajar, reduce heat to low and simmer until the liquid evaporates, about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. (*For a more exotic touch, add Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Coconut Curry Sauce when ready to simmer.)
- In a small skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain well and arrange on warm platter.
- Pour the reduced mixture over the pasta, toss well, and sprinkle with sausage. Serve immediately.