- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Tunisian Harissa Fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 10 oz. sweet Italian sausage, skinned/crumbled
- 1 each: roasted red, green and yellow peppers (peeled and cut into long strips)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*For a more exotic touch, add Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Coconut Curry Sauce
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until lightly golden, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add the peppers and continue to sauté for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season to taste with salt and pepper, cover skillet with lid slightly ajar, reduce heat to low and simmer until the liquid evaporates, about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. (*For a more exotic touch, add Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Coconut Curry Sauce when ready to simmer.)
- In a small skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain well and arrange on warm platter.
- Pour pepper/tomato sauce over the pasta, toss well, and sprinkle with sausage. Serve immediately.