- 1 lb. Pappardelle's Tri-Colore Wheels
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided to use
- 5 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups (10 oz.) Swiss Chard or spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the pine nuts until they just begin to turn golden brown. Watch them carefully as they can burn quickly.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-12 minutes). Drain and place in a bowl on a warming tray, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water for later use.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper & cook for 30 seconds. Add Swiss Chard and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes (or until Swiss Chard is wilted), stirring occasionally throughout.
- Stir in reserved pasta water, pasta and remaining olive oil. Sprinkle top with pine nuts, 3 tablespoons of Romano cheese and black pepper.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle each serving with remaining Romano cheese.