- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Spring Medley Orzo
- 6 medium to large tomatoes
- 1 lb. crabmeat, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber (peeled, seeded and diced)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wash tomatoes and remove cores. Discard pulp and seeds. Salt each tomato, place on upside down on a large platter and allow liquid to drain for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain very well.
- Combine orzo with all other ingredients
- Turn tomatoes and add orzo/crabmeat mixture. Allow filling to overflow tomato. Sprinkle more pepper on top and serve at room temperature.