- 12 oz. Pappardelle’s Mediterranean Spinach Ravioli
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes or 2 lbs. fresh tomatoes (peeled, cored and diced)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-4 anchovies, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and anchovies. Cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and simmer for upto 20 minutes. Before serving, stir in parsley, sugar and salt.
- Cook ravioli in 4 quarts of water for each pound. Add a hearty pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bring water to a full boil, reduce heat and then add ravioli. (If you add ravioli when the water is at a robust boil, you risk having the ravioli split open.) Occasionally, stir gently to prevent ravioli from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once water returns to a gentle rolling boil, cook about 8-12 minutes. Drain carefully, or simply use a slotted spoon to remove the ravioli individually from the pot.
- Pour sauce over ravioli in bowls.