- 3/4 lb. Pappardelle’s Tomato Cracked Pepper Pappardelle
- 6 flat anchovy fillets, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter*
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese*
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce
- Steam, microwave or boil broccoli until al dente.
- Heat olive oil and anchovies in skillet over moderately high heat until anchovies combine with oil; use wooden spoon to dissolve the anchovies.
- Add broccoli and black pepper and sauté over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Check and adjust salt if necessary.
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain thoroughly and return to pot cooked in. Add butter and toss lightly. Add the olive oil and broccoli mixture and toss again. Add the cheeses, toss once more and serve immediately. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce in place of butter and Romano cheese. Heat Marsala Sauce until hot. Toss with cooked pasta. Add olive oil and broccoli and toss again. Top with Parmesan and serve immediately.)