- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Tomato Basil Fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 oz. dried porcini mushrooms or 6 oz. white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine*
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 oz. smoked bacon or pancetta, cut into strips
*For an extra creamy dish, add Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Lemon Alfredo Sauce
- If using porcini, place in a bowl with lukewarm water to cover and soak until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain, squeeze out any excess water and chop finely. If using white mushrooms, clean and slice thinly.
- In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and porcini and season with salt and pepper. If using white mushrooms, sauté them with onions. (*For an extra creamy dish, add Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Lemon Alfredo Sauce.) Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently, for about 40 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bacon and sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Set skillet aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until barely al dente (about 6-8 minutes). Drain (do not rinse) and transfer to skillet containing the onions. Add the contents of the bacon skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Arrange pasta on plate, sprinkle Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.