- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Toasted Onion Fettuccine
- 1-1/2 cups brine-cured green olives
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2-1/2 lbs.), cut into small florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup whole almonds with skins, toasted and coarsely chopped*
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Either by hand or using a food processor, chop the olives and parsley together. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add cauliflower and salt and cook until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and continue to cook until garlic is soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add olive/parsley mixture to the cauliflower and cook for about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of drained pasta water (more if needed) to sauce.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Sprinkle with toasted almonds* and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
*To toast the almonds: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lay almonds in a single layer on a cookie sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes, checking frequently to make sure they don’t burn.
From This Recipe
Product not found.