- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Sweet Potato Orzo
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows (optional)
- Cook orzo in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain well and rinse with warm water.
- For the streusel topping: In a large bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar and flour together until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add the cinnamon, salt, pecans and marshmallows. Stir to combine.
- In a 9x13 pan which has been lightly oiled (olive oil imparts a mellow flavor), line the bottom with the cooked orzo and top with the streusel topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.