- 14 oz. Pappardelle's Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the sage leaves. Continue to cook, swirling the butter occasionally, until the foam subsides and the milk solids begin to brown. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the cinnamon, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Bring 3 quarts of water with a pinch of salt to a gentle boil.
- Add frozen gnocchi to boiling water. Occasionally, stir gnocchi to prevent sticking to pot. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until pasta floats to surface. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and taste for doneness.
- Transfer the gnocchi to a serving dish, add sauce and serve immediately.