- 12 oz. Pappardelle's Cheese Tortelloni
- 2 chicken breasts (grilled and julienned) or 8-10 large white shrimp
- 2 cups mushrooms (button or crimini)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 (7 oz.) containers Pappardelle's Traditional Basil Pesto
- Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook tortelloni in 4 quarts of water for each pound. Add a hearty pinch of salt. Bring water to a full boil, reduce heat and then add tortelloni. (If you add tortelloni when the water is at a robust boil, you risk having the tortelloni split open.) Occasionally, stir gently to prevent tortelloni from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once water returns to a gentle boil, cook about 8-12 minutes. Drain carefully.
- Warm olive oil in a pan and sauté mushrooms until golden brown.
- Add pre-cooked chicken to re-heat or, add shrimp and cook.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, tortelloni and pesto, and toss well.
- Portion evenly into 2-3 pasta bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.