Heather H. of Gulf Breeze, FL, shared this deliciously unique dish with us; everyday ingredients like roasted garlic and avocado add depth and richness to one of our most popular pastas. The best part? It all comes together in a snap. Thanks so much, Heather!
1 lb. Spinach Garlic Fettuccine
1 head of garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 gallon water
1 tablespoon coarse salt
2 large, ripe avocados
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Olive oil, to taste
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Cut the tips off the head of garlic and discard; set the remainder of the bulb on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle the top of the garlic with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then wrap foil around until it's closed. Bake for 45 minutes. Unwrap, let cool, then squeeze cloves out, mash into a paste, and set aside.
2. Fill a stock pot with water and coarse salt. Bring to a rolling boil on high heat; add fettuccine, stir, and lower heat to medium-high for a gentle boil. Cook for about 7 minutes or until al dente.
3. While the pasta is cooking, slice open avocados and remove pits. Squeeze the fruit out and mash to desired texture. Set aside.
4. In a small sauté pan, heat remaining olive oil; add roasted garlic paste and sauté for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add mixture to the avocados, and stir.
5. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add avocado mixture and stir; season to taste with salt, pepper, and olive oil if desired.