- 14 oz. Pappardelle's Spinach Basil Gnocchi
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 oz. sweet gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fruity Italian white wine
- 1 teaspoon Cognac or other brandy (optional)
- Sea salt and ground white pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- In a frying pan over high heat, bring the cream to a boil. Boil until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in the wine and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in the brandy, if using.
- Season to taste with salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
- Bring 3 quarts of water with a pinch of salt to a gentle boil.
- Add frozen gnocchi to boiling water. Occasionally, stir gnocchi to prevent sticking to pot. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until pasta floats to surface. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and taste for doneness.
- Transfer the gnocchi to a serving dish, add sauce and serve immediately.