This tasty recipe was contributed by Jason D. of Lafayette, CO! Thank you Jason!
1 pound Pappardelle's Spicy Thai Linguine
2 chicken breast (split and cut into strips)
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1-1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped
1-1/4 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon fish sauce (found in most grocery stores or your local asian market)
2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate (found in most grocery stores or your local asian market)
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
2 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 bunch scallions, sliced
1 cup roasted salted Peanuts, chopped
1/4 pound Mung bean sprouts
1. Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of lightly salted boiling water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
2. Sauté sliced chicken with 2 tablespoons sesame oil until cooked through and browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Warm additional 1 tablespoon sesame oil in sauté pan and add onions, ginger and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add crushed red pepper and sugar and cook until sugar starts to caramelize. Add fish sauce, tamarind and lime juice and cook for about 30 seconds. Add eggs and quickly stir until scrambled. Add the basil and cilantro. Lightly simmer for about 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken, pasta and scallions and toss to coat.
5. Garnish each dish with chopped peanuts and sprouts.