- 12 oz. Pappardelle’s Roasted Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella Ravioli
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup lemon-flavored vodka
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- Fresh basil (garnish)
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a medium sauté pan over low heat until fragrant, but not brown, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Let simmer 5 minutes. Add lemon vodka and half-and-half; simmer 10 minutes longer. Stir in sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Transfer sauce to a blender and pulse to a coarse purée. Return sauce to pan and let simmer until thick, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli in 4 quarts of water for each pound. Add a hearty pinch of salt. Bring water to a full boil, reduce heat and then add ravioli. (If you add ravioli when the water is at a robust boil, you risk having the ravioli split open.) Occasionally, stir gently to prevent ravioli from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once water returns to a gentle boil, cook about 8-12 minutes. Drain carefully. or simply use a slotted spoon to remove the ravioli individually from the pot.
- Pour sauce over ravioli on plates and garnish with fresh basil.