- 12 oz. Pappardelle's Summer Tomato and Marinated Artichoke Ravioli
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour (optional)
- Place asparagus, heavy cream and half-and-half in a saucepan and simmer until asparagus ends are tender. Pour into a blender and purée until smooth. Return to saucepan and simmer until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you desire a thicker sauce, in a separate pan, make a simple roux using: 4 tablespoons butter and 6 tablespoons flour. Heat butter over medium-high heat. Add flour and whisk. When mixture thins and starts to bubble, reduce heat to low. Cook about 2-3 minutes, or until thickened. Add 1-3 tablespoons of this roux to the asparagus sauce to thicken to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli in 4 quarts of water for each pound. Add a hearty pinch of salt. Bring water to a full boil, reduce heat and then add ravioli. (If you add ravioli when the water is at a robust boil, you risk having the ravioli split open.) Occasionally, stir gently to prevent ravioli from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Once water returns to a gentle boil, cook about 8-12 minutes. Drain carefully, or simply use a slotted spoon to remove the ravioli individually from the pot.
- Pour sauce over ravioli.