- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Spanish Saffron Trenette
- 2 tablespoons butter*
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth*
- 1 cup chicken or veggie broth*
- 1 cup fresh green peas, parboiled and drained
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Salt and black pepper
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce
- Heat butter in a large skillet and add vermouth. Cook for several minutes until vermouth thickens.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce for "*" items.) Add peas and scallions, turn heat to high for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside (keeping warm).
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and add to vermouth/peas mixture. Add mint, salt and pepper to pan. Toss well and serve.