- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Southwest Orzo
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 pineapple, cleaned and diced
- 2 papaya (cleaned, seeded and diced)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 jalapeños with seeds, diced
- Fresh basil or cilantro, finely chopped*
- Fresh lime juice of 3 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
*For an extra zing, use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Cilantro & Roasted Poblano Chile Pesto and add extra lime juice, if necessary
- Cook orzo in a pot of rapidly boiling water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain thoroughly and chill.
- When all the other ingredients are diced and ready, mix in chilled orzo. Chill entire mixture for 1-2 hours. (-Or- *For an extra zing, use Pappardelle’s (7 oz.) Cilantro & Roasted Poblano Chile Pesto in place of basil/cilantro, adding extra lime juice if necessary to thin the pesto or to taste.)
This simple side dish goes great with grilled chicken, fish or Cajun shrimp.