- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Plain (No Egg) Pappardelle
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, skin removed and chopped into large pieces
- 2 tomatoes chopped or 1 (14 oz.) can of diced petite tomatoes
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water, drain well and rinse with warm water.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add sausage and cook over high heat until browned. Stir in tomatoes and simmer about 15-20 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta with fresh Parmesan as a garnish.