- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Venetian Calamari Linguine
- 3 cloves garlic*
- 1/2 small onion*
- 1-1/2 cups basil leaves*
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 1/2 cup walnut halves*
- 1 lb. small scallops
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil
*Or reduce olive oil to 1 tablespoon and use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Traditional Basil Pesto
- To make the pesto: In a blender or food processor, add garlic, onion, basil, olive oil and walnuts. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Traditional Basil Pesto.)
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with warm water.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add scallops. Fry for about 2-4 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Remove pan from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve pesto over individual plates of pasta and top with scallops. Garnish with torn pieces of fresh basil.