- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Southwestern Blend
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 8 oz. Cotija (or Feta) cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives, cut in half
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Rinse with cold water.
- While pasta is cooking, cook onion and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat in a heavy saucepan. Add beans and enchilada sauce; simmer gently, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and salt to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, add pasta. Pour sauce over the top. Add cheese, scallions, cilantro, green olives and avocado. Mix well.