- 12 oz. Pappardelle’s Green Jalapeño Fettuccine
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 cups Roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 12 stuffed green olives, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced*
- Cilantro sprigs and lime wedges for garnish
- 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized pieces
*Or, for extra zing, use 2 oz. Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Cilantro & Roasted Poblano Chile Pesto or 2 oz. Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Chimayo Chile Sauce
- Pour lime juice into a saucepan. Add tomatoes, onions and garlic. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove cover and add jalapeño pepper, olives and capers. Simmer uncovered 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in olive oil. Add chicken pieces and poach gently until done, about 7–10 minutes. Stir in cilantro once chicken is done. (-Or- *For extra zing, eliminate olive oil and cilantro, and replace with 2 oz. Pappardelle’s Cilantro & Roasted Poblano Chile Pesto or Chimayo Chile Sauce.)
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and place into a large, shallow, pre-heated serving bowl. Ladle sauce over pasta, garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges. Serve immediately.