- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Roasted Garlic Fettuccine
- 2 lbs. kabocha or butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) goat cheese log
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs, preferably Panko
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a lasagna style-pan or jelly-roll pan coated with a thin amount of olive oil, add squash and bell pepper. Mix in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, rosemary and black pepper. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, stirring at least once.
- Place goat cheese log in freezer for about 10-15 minutes. Remove and cut cheese into equal rounds. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl and dredge each round with breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 6-9 minutes.
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water. Drain well and rinse with warm water.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, red pepper flakes and garlic heat on low. Add squash and bell pepper mixture. Cook until thoroughly warm, about 5 minutes.
- Place desired amount of pasta on individual plates, top with squash mixture and 1-2 goat cheese rounds. Serve immediately.