- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Roasted Garlic Fettuccine
- 1-1/2 lbs. fresh asparagus, cut diagonally
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 1 onion, chopped*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced*
- 2 teaspoons Bella Sol Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic*
- 2 oz. prosciutto, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
*Or, for a creamier, mushroom-enhanced taste, use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce
- Boil 6-8 quarts of water (same pot/water as you will cook the pasta in) and add asparagus. Cook 5 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Reheat water and cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain, reserving 1/2 cup water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil and add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes. Add prosciutto and vinegar; cook 1 minute. (-Or- *For a creamier mushroom-enhanced taste, use 1/2 cup of Pappardelle’s Marsala Cream Sauce for “*” items.) Add asparagus, pasta, reserved 1/2 cup pasta water, red pepper flakes and salt. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.