- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Rosemary Garlic Linguine
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 lbs. pork spareribs, trim fat
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced*
- 1/2 cup red wine*
- 1 (28oz.) can whole tomatoes, drained, juice reserved, tomatoes chopped fine*
- 2-1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Season ribs with salt and pepper and brown on all sides, about 8-10 minutes. Drain fat, saving 1 teaspoon, and remove ribs to a plate. Add garlic and rosemary and sauté until they release their fragrance, about 30 seconds. Add wine and simmer. Scrape bottom of pan to loosen browned bits. Simmer until sauce reduces to a glaze, about 2 minutes.
- Return ribs and accumulated juices to skillet, add tomatoes and reserved juice. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce in place of "*" items.) Bring to a boil and reduce to low, cover and simmer gently. Turn ribs several times until meat is very tender and falling off the bones: about 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and transfer to a heated pasta bowl.
- Transfer ribs to a clean plate. When cool, remove meat from bones and shred with fingers, discarding fat and bones. Return shredded meat to sauce in skillet. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium heat and cook, uncovered, until heated through and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. To serve, toss sauce with drained pasta.