- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Lemon Garlic Orzo
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon good quality sea salt
- Zest from one lemon
- Cook orzo in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- In a small soup pot, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes or until soft. Add water, spinach, lemon juice and sea salt. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve by spooning desired amount of orzo into soup bowls, pouring soup on top and garnishing with fresh lemon zest.