- 14 oz. Pappardelle's Potato Gnocchi
Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic, puréed and minced
- 4 cups heavy cream
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper
Balsamic-Glazed Pearl Onions
- 1 pint pearl onions, peeled and ends trimmed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Bella Sol Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic
- 1/4 cup chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- In a saucepan, combine roasted garlic and heavy cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until liquid has reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
- In a blender, purée sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onions in butter until golden brown on all sides, turning onions frequently for even coloring.
- Season onions with salt and pepper and add balsamic vinegar, stock, sugar and thyme sprigs. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until liquid has evaporated to a syrupy consistency and onions are cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bring 3 quarts of water with a pinch of salt to a gentle boil.
- Add frozen gnocchi to boiling water. Occasionally, stir gnocchi to prevent sticking to pot. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until pasta floats to surface. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and taste for doneness.
- Toss gnocchi with sauce and garnish with balsamic-glazed pearl onions.