Recipe contributed by Jennifer S. of Atlanta, GA. Thank you for sharing Jennifer!
1 lb. Pappardelle's Porcini Mushroom Linguine
1 lb. Crimini mushrooms, sliced or quartered
3 shallots, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake, or to taste
1 bunch Lacinato (black, dinosaur, or tuscan) kale, (washed, stems removed, chopped)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon Bella Sol Italian White Truffle Oil
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped chives
1. Bring 6 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil in a large stock pot. Cook pasta until al dente - approx. 8-10 min.
2. While the pasta is cooking, sauté mushrooms with olive oil in a large skillet until lightly browned (they will release a lot of liquid, let the liquid evaporate and the mushrooms to brown.)
3. Add butter, shallots, garlic, red pepper flakes, and cook until shallots turn translucent.
4. Add chopped kale. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add white wine and let reduce for 2 minutes. Taste. Add salt and pepper as needed.
6. Add pasta to vegetables and liquids, stir, and let cook another 2 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and stir in truffle oil. Truffle oil is potent. Use as much or as little as you would like.
8. Toss with parsley and serve. Garnishing with chives.