- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Porcini Mushroom Linguine
- 1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 lb. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 4 oz. Gorgonzola cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese and Italian flat-leaf parsley (For garnish, if desired)
- Melt one tablespoon butter and olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 12 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt remaining two tablespoons butter in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shiitakes and cook for approximately five minutes. Add onions and cook another three minutes. Add cream and bring to a boil, making sure shiitakes and onions don’t stick to bottom of pan. Reduce heat to medium and stir in Gorgonzola. Remove from heat, but cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain well and rinse with warm water.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta with Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.