- 1/2 cup Pappardelle’s Supreme Orzo
- 1 cup veggie or chicken broth
- 1 cup water*
- 8 oz. sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
*Or use 8 oz. of Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Coral Sauce
- In small bowl, combine oil, honey, vinegar and thyme. Set aside for later use.
- In a 2-quart pan, combine broth and 1 cup water. (-Or- *Use 8 oz. Pappardelle’s (11 oz.) Coral Sauce in place of water.) Bring to a boil over high heat. Add sea scallops. When liquid returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until scallops are opaque but still moist in center (cut to test), about 4 minutes. Transfer scallops with a slotted spoon to a bowl, cover and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and orzo to pan and increase heat to high. Cook, stirring often, until almost all liquid has been absorbed and orzo is just tender to the bite, about 10-12 minutes.
- Return scallops and any liquid in scallop bowl to orzo pan. Stir gently and cook for about 1 minute.
- Spoon orzo/scallop mixture into 2 preheated serving bowls, drizzle with honey mixture, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.