- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Tomato Basil Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 6.5 oz. of tuna, packed in water
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced*
- 1 cup cannellini beans, cooked
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol Modena Barrel-Aged Balsamic or red wine vinegar
- Dash cayenne or red pepper flakes
*Or use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and transfer to a heated pasta bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, tuna, Italian herbs and diced red bell pepper and sauté for 8 minutes, stirring often. Add the beans and parsley and cook for 3 more minutes. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Fire-Roasted Red Pepper Pesto in place of red bell pepper.)
- Add tuna sauce to pasta bowl and toss lightly. Blend in balsamic vinegar. Add pepper to taste and serve.