- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Lemon Garlic Linguine
- 3 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb. pancetta or smoked bacon, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. goat cheese, chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Drain and rinse with warm water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add pancetta or bacon, and begin to cook. While cooking, add garlic, walnuts and onions. Sauté until bacon is cooked and onions are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lemon zest and black pepper to skillet heat until warm, about 3 minutes.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Crumble goat cheese (if desired) on top. Serve immediately.