The recipe and picture were proudly contributed by Jason D. of Denver, CO. Thank you for sharing Jason!
- 1 lb. Pappardelle's Lemon Chive Angel Hair
- 2 cups pancetta, diced
- 2 cans chopped clams
- 1-1/2 lbs. littleneck or cherry clams
- 1 jar clam juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, crushed
- 1/2 cup capers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Combine all pesto ingredients in a bowl and let stand at room temperature for at least 1/2 hour.
2. Cook the pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8 minutes).
3. Warm olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add pancetta and lightly toast. Add garlic and shallots and cook until they start to turn golden brown. Add white wine and lemon juice and reduce by half. Add lemon zest, chopped clams, littleneck or cherry clams and clam juice and cover for 5 minutes. When fresh clams start to open, add butter, parsley pesto and Lemon Chive Angel Hair. Toss.
Optional: Serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan.