- 4 (6 oz.) halibut fillets
- 1 (11 oz.) container Pappardelle's Puttanesca Sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups grated Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Polenta Preparation: Bring water and salt to a boil in a 3-quart heavy saucepan. Add polenta in a thin stream, whisking. Cook over moderate heat and continue whisking, 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cover pan. Then, cook at a bare simmer, stirring with a long-handled spoon, for 1 minute after every 10 minutes of cooking (45 minutes total). Remove from heat and whisk in butter and Asiago cheese until incorporated.
2. Fish Preparation: Warm oil in a sauté pan. Season fish with salt and pepper. Sear halibut for 3-1/2 minutes on both sides, or until golden brown.
3. Warm sauce in a saucepan.
4. In a bowl, spoon in polenta and top with halibut and sauce. Grate more cheese over the dish, if desired.