- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Spanish Saffron Trenette
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, sliced into rounds
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fish stock or clam juice
- 3/4 cup pasta cooking liquid or water
- 1 (14 oz.) can crushed tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried orange peel (optional)
- In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Then add white wine, fish stock/clam juice, crushed tomatoes, carrots, and dried orange peel. Cover the skillet and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 10 minutes). Drain and transfer pasta to a shallow serving dish.
- Add scallops and shrimp to the sauce and cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Ladle sauce over pasta and serve immediately.