- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Organic Whole Wheat Fettuccine
- 4 oz. sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 3 eggs*
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Porcini Mushroom & Tomato Sauce
- In a medium skillet on low heat, cook sausage, breaking it up into small pieces. Sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. If too greasy, you might need to remove some of the rendered fat. (-Or- *Add Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Porcini Mushroom & Tomato Sauce and simmer in Step 2 after sausage is browned, and eliminate eggs in Steps 3 & 5.)
- When sausage is brown, add fennel seeds and mix. Keep warm.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl with wire whisk until slightly thick.
- Cook pasta in a separate pot of boiling water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain well and return pasta to pot.
- Add the butter and toss well. Add the beaten eggs and keep tossing. Add the sausage with fennel, the cheese and salt to taste. Top with parsley and serve immediately.