- 9 oz. Pappardelle’s Organic Freekeh Mafaldine
- 1 lb. butternut squash
- 1-1/4 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/6 cup walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the butternut squash in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Cut off the ends and peel the exterior skin. Cut the squash, lengthwise, into 1/2-inch strips; then cut crosswise, making several small butternut squash chunks. Put the chunks into a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the butternut squash chunks evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Add 1/4 tablespoon olive oil to a sauté pan. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the mushrooms, sage and walnuts or pecans and cook until nuts are lightly browned (2-3 minutes).
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, stirring occasionally (8 to 10 minutes). Drain.
- Toss the roasted squash, mushrooms, sage, and nuts with the pasta. Serve and enjoy!
From This Recipe
Product not found.