- 3/4 lb. Pappardelle’s Orange Szechaun Linguine
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms
- Juice of 1 lemon*
- 4 tablespoons butter*
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped*
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine*
- 1 cup heavy cream*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce
- Carefully wash spinach leaves to remove all sand and remove stems. Spin or pat dry and shred into thinnest possible slivers.
- Wipe off mushrooms with a towel and cut off stem ends (reserve stems for stock). Slice mushrooms thinly into a small bowl. Mix lemon juice and mushrooms, tossing well.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add garlic and Marsala; cook for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, and add cream. Bring to boil, add salt and pepper and remove from heat. (-Or- *Use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Marsala Cream Sauce for "*" items in Step 2 and Step 3. This sauce contains mushrooms, so adding additional mushrooms is optional.)
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain thoroughly and return to pot. Add sauce and toss lightly. Add spinach and toss lightly. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.