- 3/4 lb. Pappardelle’s Orange Szechuan Linguine
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce*
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch*
- 1 (one-inch) piece fresh ginger, finely chopped*
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil*
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin strips
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. lean beef round steak, fillet or sirloin, cut into thin strips
*Or use Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Thai Peanut Sauce
- Place beef strips in a bowl and sprinkle with orange zest and juice. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain liquid from beef strips and reserve. Mix beef strips with soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger and sesame oil (unless using Pappardelle's Thai Peanut Sauce in Step 4, in which case, eliminate this Step 2 and “*” items).
- Cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain pasta and keep warm on a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the beef. Stir-fry for 1 minute until lightly colored, then add carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes more. Stir in scallions and reserved liquid. (-Or- *Use (7 oz.) Pappardelle’s Thai Peanut Sauce for “*” items.) Then cook, stirring constantly, until boiling and thickened.
- Serve beef-vegetable stir-fry immediately on top of pasta.