- 1/2 lb. Pappardelle’s Orange Szechuan Linguine
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 (one-inch) piece of ginger, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest from one orange
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- Cook pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with warm water.
- In a large saucepan, add veggie broth, basil, ginger, garlic, orange zest and shrimp. Bring to a boil and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place desired amount of noodles in individual soup bowls. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with red bell pepper, shitake mushrooms and scallions.