- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Basil Tangerine Fettuccine
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme*
- 1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon Bella Sol Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 2 large shallots, finely diced*
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar*
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar*
- 1-1/2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, cut on a bias
*Or use Pappardelle's (11 oz.) Coral Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the zest and juice from 1 large orange, thyme and shrimp. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- Warm olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add shallots and cook until translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp with marinade and sauté for approximately 1 minute on medium heat. Add brown sugar and mix until dissolved. Add champagne vinegar and stir together. Pour in the 1-1/2 cups of orange juice and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Remove the shrimp and reduce the liquid by half. Remove and discard the thyme. Season sauce with salt and pepper and continue to cook until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in separate pot of rapidly boiling water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and pour the sauce over the shrimp. Garnish with diced scallions, if desired.