- 1 lb. Pappardelle's Oat & Flax Linguine
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted*
- 3 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced*
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water*
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano*
- 1 teaspoon dried basil*
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme*
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
*Or use 4 oz. Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Traditional Basil Pesto and reduce garlic cloves to 3
- Toast the pine nuts until they just begin to turn golden brown. Watch them carefully as they can burn quickly.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes. Add wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat immediately, add water and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add the oregano, basil & thyme. (-Or - *Use 4 oz. of Pappardelle's (7 oz.) Traditional Basil Pesto & reduce garlic cloves to 3, in place of “*” items.)
- In a large pot of rapidly boiling water, add the broccoli and turn off the heat. Immediately remove & rinse the broccoli under cold running water to stop the cooking process. (This blanching method helps the broccoli to retain its bright green color & crispness.)
- Add the broccoli to the wine sauce and heat for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain. Transfer to a serving bowl, pour the wine sauce on top and sprinkle with pine nuts & Parmesan cheese.