- 1 lb. Pappardelle’s Mild Spice Red Pepper Fettuccine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Bella Sol California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch of Italian kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 small head of cauliflower, broken into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a baking dish, place cauliflower and drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over to coat. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake until lightly browned, approximately 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, boil a large pot of water to cook the pasta in, but before adding pasta, add the kale and cook for 3 minutes. Remove and drain kale. Return pot to a boil and cook pasta in the rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Reserve one cup of pasta cooking water, drain well and rinse with warm water.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Add roasted cauliflower and parboiled kale. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, adding some of the reserved cooking water if needed. Season with sea salt. If desired, add red chili pepper flakes for extra spice.
- Serve sauce over individual plates of pasta. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.